Aal-Pa-Tah Lodge conducts unit elections from October 1st to December 31st each year. Following the elections cycle, there are two opportunities to complete your Ordeal, one in March and one in September. If you do not complete one of these Ordeals, you will need to be reelected by your unit. All Scoutmasters will receive an informational letter concerning the elections during the month of August. Each unit is then assigned an elections team which will contact the Scoutmaster during the month of September. If your unit does not receive a letter, email or phone call, please contact the lodge at email@example.com.
Youth Eligibility Requirements
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America and approved by the unit leader as eligible.
- Complete 15 days and nights of Boy Scout camping during the two-year period prior to the election.
- Camping requirement must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of six consecutive days and five nights of resident camping. The balance of the camping must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps.
- Youth must be under the age of 21, hold the BSA First Class rank or higher, and following approval by the Scoutmaster, be elected by the youth members of their troop or team.
Adult Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Be a registered BSA adult leader age 21 or older.Page Settings
- Meet the same camping requirements as those for youth candidates.
- Be an asset to the Order and be a positive role model for youth.
- Have a nomination form submitted and approved by Lodge selection committee and council camping committee.
- Each unit may select adult candidates equal to 1/3 of the youth members elected (rounded up) plus the Scoutmaster if he is not a member of the Order of the Arrow.
Adult Nomination Form
Candidate Letter - SPRING ORDEAL 2017
Elected Scout Contact Information Form
Election Eligibility Form (usually in triplicate)
Unit Elections Script
Unit Elections Procedure
Unit Election Checklist
Mail election forms to: Cynthia Hall, 1069 NE Crescent St, Jensen Beach, FL 34957